Welcome to the first (beta) version of the new Origami Database!
What's so new?
Well first, the changes that are already in place.
- The database has been re-structured (completely) and new data fields added for later use.
- The Search bar(left) and the Browse bar(above) are a little easier to use (I hope!).
- If you don't log in, you can search as usual.
- You can also register. However, if you were registered on the previous version, your data has been
preserved, but the password system has been changed,
so you may have to request a New Password. .
When you login you'll be a Registered User which means that you can:-
- Add and Edit publication details (including photos)
- Add and Edit model details (including photos)
- Note. To add models to a book, you have to go to the book page first!
- Set your own rating for models and books. Set your rating by clicking the appropriate star.
- Set what you think is the difficulty of the model. Set by clicking the appropriate pajarita!
- Note: You will always see the average values. Please rate as much as possible whether you own it or not!
- Individual Comments on models and books.
- Addition of unpublished models
- Log your own books (although it will still remember the ones from the old database). Note that searches
will show books that you own with a green background).
- Browse your Library
- At the moment, all users are tagged as 'unmoderated', so your changes should appear right away. Any
infractions (e.g. non-origami or obscene material) will mean that your entries become 'moderated'.
You can also be a Creator. PM a moderatorto let them know that you are a creator (with your username and
which creator you are, preferably the CreatorID) and once it is set up, you'll be able to
- Set the preferred photo for your models
- Set or correct your biographical details and Creator Photo.
- Update copyright and permissions info as a default and for individual models.
- N.B. 1. The edit format allows for links etc. Including use of Creative
- N.B. 2. Where the creator is not alive or not otherwise available, the 'Creator' status should be adopted
by the official copyright holder.
People may also be Moderators, who can change just about anything. Moderator status is given VERY
- Photo addition for models, book covers and creator photos can be done by either selection or drag and drop
on the addition page.
- Batch uploading of book data using an Excel Template. (This includes Ownership, i.e. you can upload a book
and it will allow you to tag ALL the books you own)
- Batch uploading of model data using an Excel Template. (NModel data will be per book)
Changes coming sometime!
- Easier ability for moderators to merge data
Addition I'm considering for Copyright Handling.
- Permission requests to creators (requires creator to be happy for this to happen AND 'bot filtering of
The intention is for this to take the form of threads of conversation between the initial requester and
creator. All communication will be online and the requester will not have access to the creator's
This would hopefully provide both a safe environment and a permanent record of what was agreed, with the
database informing each party when teh other has responded.
Each new request would start a new thread.
The new structure of the database allows for there to be a single entry for a model, but existing in a number of
books. Currently, there is a separate entry for each model in each book.
Slowly, the intention is for models that are the same to be merged and for there to be only one entry for each
For an example, I've already merged the data for my own Snowflake model. The model only appears once in the
database, but is associated with a few books.